Reward Yourself With “Me” Time!
Sometimes staying motivated requires a little incentive. Hey — there’s nothing wrong with that! The next time you get through a really tough workout, beat your previous running time, or follow your healthy-eating plan flawlessly for a straight week, give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back — do something special that’s all about you!
How about a…
- Day of pampering
- New haircut
- Manicure and/or pedicure
There’s no need go to an expensive spa! Ask a friend to let the kids stay overnight, and spend an evening soaking in a tub filled with lavender-scented essential oil. Then dive into that novel you’ve been meaning to finish.
If you’re close to your ideal weight…
- Shop for new clothes to fit your incredibly shrinking body
- Reward your hard work each month by picking up a new fitness accessory (a medicine ball, free weights or a pedometer)
- Purchase a kitchen tool to help you prepare all those good-for-you meals
- Take a stroll around your neighborhood
- Checking out your town’s Main Street boutiques
You’ll find that a little treat goes a long way!
Remember: You should always be setting new goals and when you’ve met them, set new ones. Moving forward is what life is all about.